I just love making these 2S4Y-cards. Kazan & Laura make the coolest sketches! This week Laura made the sketch and here is my DT-contribution.
I decided to make a card without patterned scrapping paper. I wanted to make the paper myself. So, I made a background paper by using glossy cardstock and Staz On Inks. I'll give you a small tutorial of the prosess:
1. Use glossy paper and some kind of sponge (I've used the one from Tim Holtz) to add StazOn ink direct to the paper. Start with the lightest colors. Color the entire paper.2. Use a (*hmfr* I've forgotten the English word of this tissue-thing that you place under cakes... I'll just call it tissue...) tissue as a mask and add some darker colored ink on top of the tissue. Be careful to press the tissue close to the paper.
3. After adding the darker ink, remove the tissue and look at your gorgeous selfdesigned paper! If you want to, you can place the tissue several places on the paper to get more pattern.
4. As a contrast to the colored bakground, I use embossing ink and white embossing powder to stamp a swirl. Then cut your paper into shape.
5. As this card is made for the sketch of Laura's, I cut the background paper into pieces that fit the sketch. I also stamped and embossed a sentiment (from ClubStamp) on a piece of leftover paper.
6. In order to make the text more visible, I cut out the words and glued them on white cardstock.
7. I used two sided adhesive paper and places the background pieces on the adhesive. To fill in the 'mosaic gaps' I used some stripes of white Bazzill paper.
8. The card is mounted on several mats of paper. I've also used the sewing machine and some doodling white dotts. Some of the words are mounted on 3D-glue pads.
Thanks for looking :)